Back on the Horse
I hope the title tells you what this post is about. I am back in the saddle and actively working on Tarrasch again. To be honest, I never expected to take such a long break. The plan was to issue the alpha version, gather feedback, finish version 2.0. The reality worked out as issue the alpha version, ga….the…….r.f…e…..e……d……..b……a……..c………k………. So yes I admit it. I issued the alpha version and took a long unscheduled break. There were reasons for this. Fatigue. Distractions from other projects. Etc. But anyway, that phase is over and it’s time to look forward.
The new plan is pretty simple;
- Fix the obvious bugs in Tarrasch V1.90
- Get undo working
- Get the “small screen” mode from V1 working again
- Add a “kibitzer” button in the toolbar
- Maybe add customised notation (eg K,D,T,S,L instead of K,Q,R,N,B)
- Review all feedback, fixing less obvious bugs that users have submitted (thank you)
- Review all feedback, adding low hanging fruit feature requests (thank you)
- Do some testing this time
- Ship V2
Really, it shouldn’t be too hard. I’ve been working a few days already and am deep into step one of this plan.
Thanks for your emails and other feedback. I hope you stick with me through to Tarrasch V2 and beyond!