Alpha Test Progress
* Edit * Łukasz Berezowski has now become my 4th donor. There is still one more spot available in the “Foundation donors” section of the credits screen. If this appeals to you act now, but there is no need to panic, as I continue to guarantee spots for anyone who donates before I create another new post on this blog (edits like this don’t count).
First I’d like to thank Ransith Fernando for donating to the project. Possibly this was an act of sympathy given that Ransith’s team (Sri Lanka) knocked my team (New Zealand) out of the cricket world cup last night. Ransith is the third donator and he will receive credit in Tarrasch V2’s credits screen. The first two donators can already be seen in the Alpha version’s credits screen. Maybe I should issue a reminder that this is my “foundation donor” scheme, which will acknowledge the first five donors in this way. Go to triplehappy.com and look for the donate button if you are interested. In case you are worried that there are only two spots left, and that you may miss out because others will see this reminder too, I’ll guarantee spots for anyone who donates before I create another new post here.
Moving right along a gentlemen (or gentle lady) named “Xanntox” from Germany writes (by email);
Now this is really good stuff, and I must say I had been hoping to get a lot more specific, coherent, useful bug reports like this one. Having said that I don’t understand the first point at all, and some clarification of that would be nice.
I am going to give another example of the kind of thing I’d like to receive. I’ll write this one myself, based on my most recent real world usage; I wanted to simply create a .pgn with my latest club game;
Attempted task: create a .pgn with one game.
1) Start Tarrasch, enter moves, enter Commands->Draw to indicate game was a draw.
2) Click file save icon
3) Enter game details including game result [problem #1, the result field has not picked up the draw result]
4) Enter a new filename when prompted, click okay
5) Exit Tarrasch [problem #2, wrongly prompted to save game, I already did save the game!]
6) Have a look at file with text editor. Problem #3 [a big one!], all the game details are corrupt.
I was shocked my this, and it’s embarrassing to report it here. I remind myself – It’s a pre-beta version, I hardly tested it at all before releasing it, and it does most of the things I expect it to do pretty well.