I quietly slipstreamed a “maintenance” release of Tarrasch V2 onto triplehappy.com a week or so ago. So anyone downloading Tarrasch recently has got this slight update. I try to avoid too many software releases, I find it really annoying when software is never stable and is constantly begging to be updated. Unfortunately though I couldn’t really rest easy whilst there were a couple of known and rather ugly bugs in the previous version.
This is not quite the V2.1 release I blogged about earlier. That was taking too much time and I wanted to get the most important bug fixes out there.
The new V2.01a is also now hosted on the Komodo and Rybka websites. Previously V2.00a was on triplehappy.com and rybkachess.com and V2.00b was on komodochess.com only. So it is nice to have only one version, all the same everywhere. Although having said that, all three packages now differ with respect to the engines included. And the Komodo version sets Komodo as the default engine, whereas the other two set Rybka as the default engine.
Here are some V2.01a release notes;
- UCI “quit” command now proceeded by “stop”, “isready” if engine was thinking.
(this is good practice in general and Houdini in particular would sometimes
ignore the “quit” command because of this problem).
- Directory selection for engine selection and document selection decoupled (this was partially implemented for V2.00b).
- Keyboard (not just mouse) selection of disjoint games in games dialogs now
- Restore to factory defaults now refreshes font, engine, language changes.
- The 3rd and 4th Custom UCI parameters now work properly (thank you Ralph Moritz).
- For completeness I will also note here a small bug sometimes affecting 4th line of kibitz text. This bug was present in V2.00a but fixed for V2.00b (the Komodo edition). So, this bug was fixed just before starting the source code repository.
- For completeness I will note that something of a de-emphasis of the role of Rybka in Tarrasch,started with V2.00b, has been finished with this version. Tarrasch is now neutral and talks of “strong engines” rather than “Rybka” in help text.
- Ctrl-A now selects all in games dialogs.
- New button to save clipboard or session to a file.
- New “no auto flip when playing black” general option.